Thursday 17 February 2011

Multi-Band Reception Reports

The multi-mode, multi-band beacon (Blogs passim) has been running continually since I added the frequency divider on the local oscillator. I started up on 40 metres and got pleasing reports...

Jan, pa9qv, who previously had spotted me "upside down" on 40 metres, now saw my QRSS and S/MT Hell the right way up...


Johan, on5ex, who also was used to seeing me upside down, was consistently showing my righted signals on his fine grabber site...


I was also pleased to be received by Joachim, pa1gsj, who originally suggested the idea of adding a frequency divider to my Si570 DDS...


I was fortunate that Pavel, ok2bma, was just beginning experiments with QRSS reception when he came across my signals - Pavel was kind enough to email from the Czech Republic with a reception report...


All the time these QRSS reports were coming in, the WSPR mode also was being received on 40m, with best DX to arctic Norway...


After all this successful performance on 40m I switched back to 30m - so nice to do that with the push of a button!

Maik, dl4dtl reported my signal on 40m before the switch (here you just see the closing ' d ' of my call in Hellschreiber followed by my call in FSKCW)...


and after the switch on 30m...


I now have made the PCB for an up-dated version of the controller board, with integral frequency divider (now selectable between divide by 2 and divide by 4 just in case I decide to give 80m a try) and with additional outputs to control the bandpass filter board and a switchable low pass filter (if I ever get round to making one). More details on that to follow.

In the meantime, many thanks to all those who have reported reception of my various signals on various bands!

...-.- de m0xpd

No comments:

Post a Comment