Tuesday 10 May 2016

Listen Up!

Yesterday we were back on our favourite highway (the one that goes straight to Laramie)...


This time, we were headed out of PA into Ohio...


Then we took the Ohio Turnpike to Portage County and the City of Kent, OH, to meet up with Tom, wb8lcd. Tom and I had met last year at FDIM and we had arranged that - if ever I were in Portage County - I should look in at the Portage County Amateur Radio Service. Yesterday was my chance...

I gave a presentation about audio in amateur radio, which I'd entitled 'Listen Up!'...


On the evidence of last evening's meeting (and on seeing the excellent newsletter, the 'Radiogram') PCARS is a lively, active club, covering the whole breadth of our hobby and reflecting the service which PCARS members pours back into the local community.

It was a pleasure to meet with members and to be able to make my little presentation, which they appeared to enjoy (they neither lynched me or threw anything!)...


In fact, the welcome was so warm that I was elected an Honorary Life Member of PCARS during the meeting - I am proud and delighted to be associated with this fine club. Trouble is, it is going to be rather expensive to get to many meetings (but it is another good motive to attend the Dayton events!).

In addition to the warmth and kindness of all PCARS members and the extraordinary hospitality which Mary, Jennifer and Tom are extending to Deborah and me, I want to say a special thanks to Chuck, w8pt for the personal gift he gave me.

73 from Portage County.
...-.- de m0xpd


1 comment:

  1. looking forward to meet you in Iceland
    73 de TF3JA

    ReplyDelete